Using Video In Your Small Business
Social Media Strategy
Once the pandemic hit (and even before) social media video creation by small business owners was on the rise. Of those social media marketers who use video, 93% say it’s a vital component of their strategies. But the format is still underused across the major social media networks by small businesses because of the perceived high cost and effort required of video production. That is changing, and for the better.
Video usage on social media platforms helps your customers gain a better understanding about your brand’s products and services. It also helps small businesses increase traffic on their social accounts, grow their following, increase website visitors and ultimately increase sales and revenue.
Here are some tips for using video in your social media media strategy:
- Keep Your Videos Short and Sweet – The shorter the better (30 seconds to 2 minutes) Keep your videos bite-sized and easy-to-consume while still providing value
- If There’s Talking, Include Subtitles – No one wants to watch a talking head going on and on. Use subtitles to get your point across whether the sound is on mute or not
- Use Natural Lighting When Possible – When you’re indoors, be sure you shoot videos near a window or door where there’s sufficient light (with the light source in front of you)
- Focus on The Story – Telling stories is an age-old, proven method to connect with others. Storytelling allows you to create a brand that resonates with your followers and deliver a message that touches on their interests and emotions
- End With a Call-To-Action (CTA) – Leave your viewers with a purpose and encourage them to act on what you want them to do. Avoid the temptation to make the CTA too sales-focused and “pitchy”
- Optimize Your Video for Different Channels – One size does not fit all with social media platforms. Ensure you use the correct dimensions, orientation, video length limit, and other important specifications of each channel. This way, you can implement it properly and have it act and look right for that specific platform
So what tools are out there to help you actually produce videos for your website and social media marketing strategy?
There are a plethora of free and paid tools to help you produce professional looking short videos without breaking the bank, and you can start simply using your existing smartphone, a $20 microphone and some free software.
This article will provide you with some guidance to choosing the right tools to start producing your video content, and your marketing budget can determine the best path to take for your small business.